Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 3...What I am Thankful for on This Sunday!

Today I am thankful for the ability to get up and run! I don't always feel great about this...but I know that by getting up on Sunday and doing what I know is right for me makes me feel thankful for this ability. I know there are so many who are not for whatever reason able to do this...And it was such a beautiful morning.
We ran the Mount Vernon Trail and we tried a different starting point. Man, was it hilly!! I know I will be feeling it tomorrow. I actually run next to Craig the entire way...This is the first time we have ever done that. I always feel that I hold him back...but since he isn't training for a marathon right now, he felt he could take it slow with me. I complained the entire way...I know I was annoying him. But at the end of it all...I ended up doing 8 miles instead of the 7 I was scheduled to do. AND...I ended up shaving 5 minutes off my previous 8 mile run in August.
Even though, I constantly complain about how long this journey is taking, I know that I am getting stronger...and faster...and slimmer.
Running is helping me to meet my goals...and I love the fact that I able to get up every Sunday morning and hit the trail. Thank God that He has blessed with me with this ability for now...

Here I am...not looking my best after 8 miles...but still smiling.
Happy Fall Back Day! I just wished it didn't get so dark so early! 
What are you thankful today?

No comments:

Post a Comment