Thursday, June 6, 2013

Well It's Official!!

Well...I did it!! I am officially a PRINCESS!! 

Anyone who knows me are probably thinking, "Jess, I thought you always said you were a princess." LOL! True!! HOWEVER...today, all my princess dreams have almost come true...
I REGISTERED FOR MY FIRST HALF MARATHON!!
AT DISNEY!!!
THE DISNEY PRINCESS HALF MARATHON!!

OMG!!! I am so "OVER THE MOON" EXCITED about this!  
(Yes, I will be wearing a tu-tu...just trying to decide on which one...hehe)

I never thought in my wildest dreams I would ever want to do this...but I am so motivated for this. And this overwhelming feeling is amazing!  Yes, this scares me a lot...but I know f I can accomplish this, then I know I can finally overcome all my fears for the rest of my life!!!!

So on my way home, it started to rain crazy tonight...Ugh!! Day 2 of running training...Thank goodness that we live literally across the street from our gym...No rain was going to ruin this high!! I stepped on the treadmill and knew it was time to Git 'R DONE!! (Don't you just love Mater???)
I was feeling good...until...
my arch and ankle started killing!! Seriously?!?! But I persevered!! Nothing gonna stop me!!

Well, I made it through my second day...but this first week of putting into high gear is taking its toll on me! So after a mortin and a shower, I sat on the couch and did a little recuperating.
Yes folks that 2 bags of peas! LOL!

I have always heard that it works as awesome ice packs...They are absolutly right!! I now LOVE peas! However, I still refuse to eat them! Just can't handling the popping feeling and sound they make when you bite into them...Ick!! (Apologize if you like peas..:) )

Of course before I started icing my shins and ankles, I had to wrap my feet in the best product ever!!
Fair Trade Foot Lotion from Lush Handmade Cosmetics.
OMG!! Dream in a container!!! Cocoa butter, peppermint and spearamint all in one!! Holy cow! And it totally works! It's specifically for sore and tired feet, but I have actually put it on other sore muscles and it really helps...A LOT!!! 
It has the same soothing warming, cooling effect that BenGay has...but smells so much better!!
Everything is hand made and not tested on animals. I probably should take stock since I purchase something every time I walk past their store.  
If you don't have a Lush store near you, never fear...their products are ONLINE!! YAY!!!
I have only used a small portion of what they sell, but I can tell you what I have used to far is totally worth every penny I paid! 

well...it is about that time!! All this excitement has really wore me out...time for a good night's sleep! 
If you are enjoying my journey, please let me know...I have the light at the end of the tunnel but any encouragement will definitely help me with my motivation!!
Til next time...Have a magical evening!!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment