Tuesday, June 25, 2013

First Day of Summer and I Say Good Bye...

So I know I have posted in awhile....So I will start with today and back up a little...

Today is my first day of Summer Vacation!! Thank Goodness! I thought it would NEVER get here! The last 2 weeks have been crazy busy at work and at home. About a month ago, Craig decided to bite into a Tic-Tac...and VOILA!! Cracked tooth!! One problem, the first dentist didn't catch the crack and 2 weeks later of progressive pain, it started to abscess. He ended up with another dentist at Walter Reed Med Center and he had to have an emergency root canal. After further investigation, the crack was so deeply embedded in the canal of the tooth, the team decided to completely extract the tooth. UGH! All of a sudden he went from pain to intense pain...

Needless to say, here we are today, and I spent the day with my husband at the medical center for his post-op follow up. Honestly not a bad way to spend my first day of summer vacation. Moral of this story...DON'T CHEW HARD CANDY!! NO MATTER WHAT....I do find myself as well as Craig's co-workers being more cautious about how we chew what is in our mouth. Honestly, I have to say how bad I have felt for my husband...however, having a diet of soups, frozen yogurt, and milkshakes didn't sound bad after all...:)

Well, during this last 2 weeks, I have to admit publicly that I did NOT stick to the plan as planned...OMG!! What is wrong with me?!?!? No excuses! Honestly, I shouldn't use my husband's illness as my reason not to put myself first...but I am really not sure what I was thinking or doing....
I did manage to get my 2 mile run in last weekend...As I walked down the stairs knowing that I had to do this by myself...I couldn't help but get a little scared...Knowing that Craig would not be meeting up with me frightening me a bit...I have never done this by myself. Honestly...this is what I was thinking...
I still truly believe this...however, I think I need to frame it and say it every time I walk out the door. ugh! Either way, I made it out the door and completed my 2 mile run...It actually turned into an "about 3.5 mile run" because I actually ran a little farther than expected and walked the rest of the way back home.


And I did it in new shoes too... :)
 And I guess my app does time splits now...Check out those time splits at mile 2 and 3. WOW!! I totally never thought I would get to that point.
Of course you would think that this would motivate me to keep going...Not quite. While I was extremely excited, I still can't get motivated to do this on my own yet.

Once again, this brings me back to today...my first day of Summer Vacation. When this whole tooth thing started, Craig mentioned that he wanted to sit down and talk with a nutritionist. Now honestly, I cam not completely sold on the idea....so I will have to wait and see.What can it hurt...cuz honestly, I haven't been that faithful to any diet lately. 

So, after a interesting meeting with this lady, I am still open minded and interested in what she has to offer. Now, we only met with her and talked about recent eating habits, our goals, and next steps. Now I did disclose to her my weight (something I would never do to anyone...) and she did my BMI and body fat % with the hand held thingy....and I was not really surprised with the results but I was surprised at the fact that it wasn't where as bad as I thought it would be. 

After our meeting, we decided that we would have one last meal that we probably won't be doing for a while....so we ordered pizza and decided to say good bye to a friend that I have had for many years...
Coca-Cola has been like a best friend for many many years....through good and bad times. I have done it before...I have given up cokes before, and knowing that I have been able to give it up before, I figure I have to try this again.
As Craig and I walked out of the nutritionist's office, we both knew that by our next meeting she was going to expect a weight loss from what we told her where we are right now...With that said, we are starting our "make shift" dieting tomorrow, hopefully we can be successful and prove to ourselves more than anything that we are capable of doing this. Pretty interested to find where this will lead me and to see if I have enough will power to get through this....and especially now since Craig was given a "almost" clean bill of health with regards to his surgery.
One thing that the nutritionist mentioned that is on the list is Magnesium supplement. She said that magnesium has proven to curb the "sweet tooth" I am really interested to see if this works....off to Vitamin Shoppe tomorrow, in addition to well needed grocery shopping.
Any suggestions on healthy snacks or recipes that you've tried. Let me know...would love to hear what you are doing.

Well...I hope to be more regular. This is my first day of summer vacation...and I am ready to let it be the "Summer of ME!" I have already promised several people at work that once I return at the end of August I will be a totally new person...so here I go, keeping that promise to every one...but most importantly to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment