Tuesday, June 4, 2013

And So I Begin...

So I decided to continue my journey, I would start blogging about it. I feel that I need to keep myself more accountable...I am hoping this will work...To begin with, let me back up a bit...

Last summer we had some remodeling done in our house, and due to the stress...but mostly because of laziness, I ended up sitting my butt on the couch for 2 months straight...At one point, it was getting terribly depressing...and I was looking pretty terrible...Need proof? Well, here it is...
Pretty gross, huh?? This is honestly the heaviest I have EVER BEEN IN MY LIFE!! I won't bore you with the details...cuz I will never share my weight with anyone!!
(OMG!! I can't believe I actually shared this!)
Anyways...at this point, my husband and I decided that it was the time. 

Fast forward a couple of months, and we went to Disney for a Fall trip! Craig's idea...I promise!! hehe We had breakfast at Tusker House our first morning, and in the middle of breakfast, the CM brought us our free picture with Donald. OMG!! It was working...dedication and drive! Check it out for yourself...
WOW!! I actually have a waist and my ta-tas don't completely fuse with my belly!! haha
I think at this point I was down 15 pounds...HUGE!! 

Then at the end of October, Craig ran his second marathon, Marine Corps Marathon. He did an amazing job and he looked HOT!! Shaved almost 30 minutes off his PR from his first marathon! 
Woo Hoo!
Well at that point, I decided to combine my overwhelming love for Disney and Craig's drive with his marathons and try to run myself.

Which leads me to where I am today. Technically today is exactly 18 weeks until my first long race...
Yes...I signed up with Craig to do the Tower of Terror 10 Miler at Disney's Hollywood Studios. YIKES!! I get nervous just thinking about it!! 

And here is where I am at today...
 30 pounds lighter and ready to begin this incredible journey. 
Am I totally off my rocker?? Probably! Do I really care? Probably! But do I NOW know what is best for me? Definitely YES!! (And of course a trip to Disney is always an added bonus!)

Well...wish me luck! The starting line is HERE and the gun just fired off! 
To the finish line I go!!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica-SO proud of you lady!!!! Wow, I will definitely follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete