Thursday, June 27, 2013

45 DAYS!!!

Today, I learned a VERY VERY valuable lesson!
If I ever take a week off from training, be prepared for the consequences!!!
YIKES! I totally did not think that by not fully doing my program for a week that it would be so hard to do once I started again.
I went to the gym tonight with the expectation of doing my 30 minute maintenance run. WOWZER!! Maybe it was the time off....or maybe it was because of the stupid treadmill...but it was seriously hard work today. I couldn't keep up with my 2/1 intervals. Now I am totally afraid for my run this weekend...4 miles...Holy Cow! I don't think I can make it!
I was able to get 2 1/4 miles done in 45 minutes....and even though the aches and pains in my knees and feet, I didn't feel too bad. 
So, now I am wondering how to get over the treadmill hump. I know that because of the crazy heat coming up in July and August, how the heck am I gonna make it through the summer and be ready in time for my 10 miler in October...Once again! What the heck was I thinking?!?!?!?
Well...I will just keep on going along and see what happens. As long as I believe and have faith in myself to get through this challenge, there is nothing that I can't do!

Well the next fact of the day...I opened my Dream Days app and realized that I have 45 DAYS til our 10th Wedding Anniversary trip to DISNEY WORLD!!
First of all...hard to believe that it has been 10 years since we were married...
Second, if anyone knows me....this trip was totally Craig's idea! I wanted to go on a cruise (a Disney cruise...but nonetheless...haha)
I am so excited! And to commensurate this day, I received my recent order the Disney Store which included my Duffy the Bear costume. However, the costume was not for a Duffy bear.
Quick history, for Valentine's Day, Craig got me a sock monkey from the Georgetown game. We had so much fun taking pictures and getting him the jumbo screen at the basketball games. Now we take me almost every where and document his travels...:)
Fast forward...I have been looking for Mickey ears for a while for my Sock Monkey and found the Duffy outfit...fingers crossed that it fit!!!
From the looks of it from the box, I wasn't very hopeful! 
IT FIT!!!!
He actually looked adorable in this Mickey Mouse Club outfit! The Mickey ears are ridiculous too big and seem a little out of place...but now Sock Monkey is ready to take on Walt Disney World!Boy, is Craig in for a surprise...haha!
So please bear with me for the next few days as I count down to the most magical trip ever!! 
Until next time....have a magical day!
Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment